Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Flip This Dress: OOTD

You may remember this vintage find from a few months ago:



Well I flipped it a few weeks and and now finally am wearing it - I wish I didn't wait this long, because I love it!  I removed the school-marm sleeves and clean finished them underneath that little shoulder fold.  I kept that detail because I think its cool.  Then I shortened the whole thing by about 9 feet.  Then I added a little bias strip at the bottom edge for a little fun detail.  Excuse the terrible iPhone pics, I misplaced the camera once again...




  This is tall-me wearing it.




4 comments:

  1. How did you get so good at drawing? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! My family is actually very artistic, so maybe genetics? I've also taken a few art classes, but I think its more about just doing it everyday. If I don't sketch for a while the ladies come out looking a hot mess. ;)

      Cat

      Delete
  2. Wow, you make clothes AND sketch them? Your artistic skills definitely put anything I can do to shame haha. This is amazing! I found you via Amy over at CBBP, and I'll definitely be following you!

    Kaitlin
    teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaitlin! I'm off to check our your blog now!

      Cat

      Delete